When it comes to a waste removal project, it pays to know what you’re getting yourself into (and the right Denver dumpster rental company!) Just as the roads out of Denver rise quickly into the Rockies, it’s easy for your few boxes of junk to pile up into a mountain of problem waste! Renting a roll-off dumpster is the answer when you face that challenge, but it’s important to understand which items you can quickly toss and those that require a bit more effort.
With more than 30 years of waste management experience in the Denver area, we’re well placed to give you the lowdown on what you can and can’t do with your dumpster. Hauling away waste from all over the city, Arvada to Aurora, Littleton to Lakewood, we’ve seen enough to serve up these important tips for your next big clear out.
A List of Dumpster Rental Do’s and Don’ts
These are the main considerations and issues to avoid as you go to work on your waste:
- Plan your project: Write down the number of rooms, type of trash and expected amount of waste from each area. Going through this mental process helps to weed out any extra items of tasks you might need to add.
- Know what size you need: When you contact your Denver dumpster rental company you’ll need to know whether you want a 12, 20, 30 or 40-yard roll-off dumpster. As you planned your project you should have a good idea of how much waste you’ll have to haul, which is all you need to calculate the size of dumpster that’s right for your job.
- Understand what waste is acceptable: We cover some of the specific items banned from landfill trash below, but it’s always smart to double-check the local government website to be certain. If you have items that would normally be recycled or are specifically banned, set them aside and make alternative plans to have them taken away.
- Ask questions before you rent: If in doubt, ask the expert! Only you know the size of your task, but most other questions you have about dumpster rental in Denver are ones we can answer.
- Deposit hazardous items: Some are common sense, like car batteries and toxic chemicals, but others might not be obvious. Again, do your local research and if in doubt, ask the experts.
- Underestimate your load: If your plan falls somewhere on the edge of the size cut-offs, always go for the larger option. Extra junk can easily turn up, so better safe than sorry!
- Overload your dumpster: Size limits are there for a reason. It can be dangerous for your Denver dumpster rental company to haul loads that contain too many items. Additional charges can be incurred for rework or unfit loads, so stick to the guidelines and rent a bigger unit to be safe.
- Throw out electronics: In 2013 Colorado’s Electronic Recycling Jobs Act made it illegal to dispose of electronic devices in landfill-bound loads. Consider instead local recycling events or organizations that collect items that you have to give away.
Renting roll off dumpsters in Denver isn’t a difficult thing to do, as long as you know the don’ts!